Tuesday, July 29, 2008

entangled

a spark of light draws me to it, i go towards it like a fire fly knowing it is going to cause my own destruction.. i diligently tredge past the uneven stones which seem to make my resolution stronger. twists and turns i took were numerous..i fail to notice the carvings and inscriptions on the walls of the cave,the quick sand which i was getting myself into,the darkness dint intimidate me nor did the stillness of the air .. none of the physical elements seemed have any effect on me and drawn to luminary, i was...one cave led to the other and it seemed like an infinite journey.. at one point, the light seemed to be getting stronger which gave me the urge and will to reach it to satiate my senses and quench the thirst for adventure.. unmindful of the spiders and the other insects whose houses i was destroying by my expedition, i made my slow but steady progress.. more and more, i walked and out of the blue,i noticed a danger sign etched on the wall.. was it an omen or just a figment of my imagination? i wasnt sure but nevertheless, proceeded further as the thrill of the unknown far exceeds the speed of the common sense. next omen or my hallucination was in the form of a spider which remained stuck to my leg.. i convinced myself that according to arabian mythology, spiders are good omen .. i walked.. the air was getting damper and i found myself having difficulty in breathing properly.. the light was finally getting close by.. it was now that a part of my brain realised that i dint know the way back and this created enough trepidation to make my palms sweat.suddenly, i noticed that there were cobwebs on ym leg and there was more than a single spider... i tried my level best to shake them off but in vain.. i looked ahead for a sign of re-assurance that everything was fine and my dream was till there hanging in thin air... the more i tried to shake them off, they multiplied in number..i was stuck to a place now with no hope of going back to my haven ... while i was busy in getting myself freed, i failed to notice the light growing dimmer and dimmer... finally, i looked up... the light was gone.. there i was .. stranded, bewildered and lost...

2 comments:

shameem said...

looks like d old confused creature is creepin back;)

cm chap said...

Devil in you is back