Thursday, April 10, 2008

metaphorical stance


i got a dream of building a castle with the finest windows, spectacular minarets,ornamental domes and of filling the whole structure with un-conditional love.i searched in vain for the materials and construction site.little did i realise that the perfect site was so near me.off i went to the beach to build the finest castles that the sands have ever seen. fully equipped, i found a spot of wet mud and started building it.. time flew by, birds ceased to chatter,days and nights rolled by in perfect coordination, i went on with my work.. day by day the castle which i had envisioned in my dream came to life in front of my eyes.i could clearly see the niches and the intricately carved protusions. i was flying in a bubble of love. it was everything i could wish for.. i suddenly became conscious of the gentle waves caressing the shore. the thought of destruction of the result of toils loomed large. i felt like lifting my castle and running away with it close to my chest.common sense told me that if the castle was ever to exist, it had to be in that very spot. i was suddenly swept away from my spot of work by strong currents of wind. it lifted me to a considerable height from which i could have a bird's view of my castle and the threat posed by the waves. before my eyes, i could see the first of the so caled gentle waves teasing the boundaries of my castle.i chided myself by saying how can a gentle wave destroy such a mighty castle. so, it went on and it was only when the tenth wave unceremoniously crashed one of my minarets , i fully realised what a "gentle wave" can cause. silent cries of anguish escaped from my mouth, my wails of torment went unheard.. the mere sight of the destruction of the castle from all to nothing was too heavy for my heart to digest....i wished that the waves wouldnt destroy my inner sanctum,again in vain... i saw what i wished not to see and i saw the sands being brought to thier original form of insignificance ... the crowned glory was very short- lived...
i woke up sobbing and rushed to my window to have a glimpse of my "castle".. yes, it was very safe next to my rose bush with even a flower next to one of my minaret. i sighed in sheer happiness.

3 comments:

The Maverick Blog said...

Extremely well written!

Ungalukulla ippadi oru writeraa :)

Nivya Kimbi said...

@chennai kudimagan..
aiyo plz.. kalai kadinga!!! evalo pheelings oda ezhudirken!!!

cm chap said...

Adengapa too much feelings a oruku.. pathu ma kannu